You will be surprised to find out that the newest golf drivers are specially made to offer the best performance on the golf course by using the latest technology. It is among the most used clubs, being a real helper when it comes to hitting the ball to the furthest holes. Therefore, since it can seriously influence the game, we strongly recommend you to invest in a high-quality 1-wood that will help you achieve great results. Also, a good club will give your game consistency, will last longer and will increase accuracy every time you hit the ball. In order to help you choose the right club, we have selected 5 of the best 1-woods on the market, so read the reviews to learn more about each of them.
Mizuno Golf JPX-EZ
With the help of the club, you will be able to improve your game faster than ever. Among the most interesting features, we can enumerate the 3 weight system that will maintain the same forgiveness of the non-adjustable models. Also, it comes with a massive MOI design that provides an optimized internal head for both low and deep weight distribution. Additionally, the Quick Switch hosel offers 4 degrees of loft variation and 8 loft settings (8.5 -12.50). At the same time, you will be pleased by the rebound crown that allows more flex for increased ball speed and longer distance.
Callaway Men’s Big Bertha
This is another great option for all golf players around the world. The Hyper Speed Face feature makes it lighter and more robust, allowing you to increase the ball speed. Moreover, the adjustable perimeter weighting slide which is placed toward the rear of the club will offer a 20% higher MOI, along with multiple draw and fade bias options. The advanced adjustable hosel allows you to easily adjust the hosel in just 3 moves. Additionally, the crown is made of forged composite which makes it very strong, yet light weighted.
Cobra Men’s Bio Cell
If you want a reliable 1-wood, then you can be sure that the Cobra Bio Cell is the one for you. The MyFly8 Technology gives you the possibility to adjust the loft with the help of 8 adjustable settings in order to receive great performance regardless the weather and ground conditions. At the same time, the Forged E9 BiO Cell Face enables a larger effective sweet zone, thus the off-center hits will allow longer and straighter drives. Other great features that come with it are the SmartPad Technology and the Neutral/Draw Bias Weighting, making it among the best choices.
TaylorMade Men’s R15 460
The R15 460 uses the latest TaylorMade metal-wood technology, which has proven its high-performance when it comes to achieving great results every time. The Inverted Cone Technology is a great feature for an expanded sweet spot, while the Thick-Thin Casting was specially designed for low and forward center-of-gravity that enables higher launch and lower spin. Additionally, the 4° loft sleeve offers a greater loft adjustability and opportunity, making it a great choice for all golf players. Moreover, you will surely like the Lamkin UTx grip and the attractive design of this remarkable club.
Adams Golf Men’s Blue RH
The RH is surely a great 1-wood for every golf passionate. The Low/Back CG feature will help you add more speed to your shots, while the SlimTech Shaf which weights only 55g, will allow you to generate more ball speed. The Velocity Slot Technology refers to a sole slot that enables the player to achieve a higher speed and more flex over larger distances. We definitely have to mention the Easy Launch System which can be found in all the products of the company and it is specially designed to launch the ball much easier into the air.
Things to Know About
In the last few years, golf club manufacturers have worked extremely hard to pursue their dream of hitting the ball long and straight with a quality 1-wood. It is a standard 1-wood specially designed to hit the ball the farthest. It has a large clubhead, a long shaft and the least amount of loft. Due to the fact that it has a low amount of loft, it is the golf club the most difficult to use for beginners and recreational golfers.
Purchasing a new golf driver is an exciting yet daunting task. Every manufacturer provides different technologies, so it may be quite impossible to know where to start. Today, more than ever, clubs made are completely different than ever before. Some are much thinner, while others are dramatically more complex in their use of multiple materials than before. Nowadays, they are more efficient and easier for the golfer to use than ever before. As mentioned there are hundreds of models available on the market, so you can find 1-woods that can manipulate movable weights as well as 1-woods that give you the option of tweaking the loft settings through an adjustable hosel.
How to Pick a 1-Wood Club
Unless you are a professional golf player, you are likely to have troubles choosing the right golf 1-wood for your game, so you might need some assistance. What you need to know is that it must fit your playing style and you need to feel comfortable while shooting it. Below, you will find some useful tips in choosing the perfect club for improving your golf skills.
- Most of the times, you need a 1-wood with a bigger loft if you want to send the ball to the air, so it is essential to analyze this aspect. The loft of is measured in degrees and it varies from club to club. If your swing speed is under 90 mph, you will need a club with plenty of loft to increase the backspin and keep the ball aloft. For swing speeds over 100 mph, a 1-wood with less loft should do the trick.
- The trajectory of your shot is also important in finding the best golf 1-wood. If your playing style is sending the ball low off the tee, your club should have a high trajectory rating. Keep in mind that the trajectory and the loft are not the same thing and for trajectory, you need to analyze the center of gravity of the club.
- When you select the club’s size, make sure it fits your body height and the size of your hands. When hitting the ball, your hands should be relaxed and it should not hit the ground. If you need to bend over in order to touch the ball with the 1-wood or you keep your hands bent, the club is not the right size and you will not be able to perform a good swing.
- The forgiveness rating of the club is another aspect to take into account. For example, if you often hit tee shots, you will need a 1-wood with a maximum of forgiveness rating to help you control the ball. When buying the 1-wood, read its specifications and find out the forgiveness rating that the manufacturer usually specifies.
- A golf driver with a rounded head is the most suitable for any golfer because it helps them position the weight and achieve the best performance. There are also clubs with a square head that is considered to offer more forgiveness and to adapt to off-center shots.
As 1-woods are an important piece of the puzzle which is the golf game, you cannot expect to actually improve your game and lower your handicap without a quality club in your bag. The Fast Track technology and 8 loft settings do indeed recommend the Mizuno Golf JPX-EZ as the best option to go for. However, expect to pay a bit more for the high quality it provides as this unmatchable club is a bit spicier priced than others are. For those who are looking for a cost-effective 1-wood which delivers what they need to improve their precision on the course, the Adams Golf Men’s Blue RH is, by far, the best option. It comes with a headcover and it is backed by a 2-year warranty, so this is an investment you should strongly take into consideration.